Why is Having a Social Media Strategy SO important
Q: Why is Having a Social Media Strategy SO important??
A: Let me be the first to tell you Social Media isn't going anywhere. Instagram was purchased by Facebook, Twitter just launched Periscope, Pinterest brings in SO much traffic for everyone's websites, and Facebook still has the highest popularity ratings.
In order to get the MOST exposure, wouldn't it be safe to say it's a good idea to have a consistent presence on social media?
Lastly, did you know it takes at least 7 impressions to get a person to trust you AND over 21 times for a person to make a purchasing decision? That means you need more opportunities to impress someone and more avenues to help them along with that purchasing decision. - That's where Social Media comes in...
Q: I'm on Facebook - isn't that enough?
A: Ummm... No.
When I started Aroadruck.com - I was very selective in my social media presence... at first. I took social media classes that told me to STOP Facebooking, or stay away from twitter - Or don't waste time on Instagram.
- I was like WHAT?!?! Social media is like FREE advertising...
Watching businesses tell me to limit my reach...
It's almost like they're saying NO to new business - And that is CRA- CRA! (Crazy)
Seeing a business or a person with a passion so limited with their reach is flat out unacceptable. It’s SO annoying to me just thinking about the things that people let stand between them and their dreams of a online empire with more purpose, and meaning
Q: How can I do this? It seems like a lot of work??
A: You DO have time. Depending on your niche, your social media is going to be an extension of your brand. Check out these tools to automate. P.S. I am not a affiliate of any of these tools. They are the tools I use, and recommend.
- Facebook - has a built in publishing tool. So no need to worry about that one.
- Twitter - I am sure everyone told you to check out buffer. Well they were right. Go check out buffer for twitter.
- Pinterest - Tailwind is the automation tool you'll need like yesterday! *You can pin 100 pins until they ask you to sign up for the paid version.*
- Instagram- Check out Latergram.me for Instagram automation.
Let's be honest social media is extremely necessary for blogs or a small businesses to thrive online. It is safe to say when a customer is searching for a product to buy, they aren't just searching on Google anymore. Your customers are going to be looking on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter too. I know I do.
Q: How Can I Track all my Social Media?
A: Yes, Let's do it! - You can track your all your analytics on all 4 social media platforms - Even Instagram. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest have build in analytics. You just gotta know where to look.
Tools for Getting the Data
- Facebook - Click here
- Twitter - Check out my blog post - Twitter Analytics 101
- Pinterest - You need a Pinterest business account to get Pinterest analytics - So make sure your account is for biz
- Instagram - You can get a free look at your stats every 24 hours at iconosquare.com
In this blog post, I have explained the importance of having a consistent social media strategy, and some of the basics of how to's. Below is additional social media strategies and more from me!