I love collaboarting! I love collaborating with people SO much, every Monday, I email 3 people to collaborate with me on something. Keep in mind, not everyone responds... Its a lot of email, but SO worth it. Collaborating has SO many advantages because let's be honest, you're not building your blog, business or brand by yourself.
Let me be 100% transparent with you.
You cannot build a business, brand, blog, OR authority alone.
The recipe for a successful anything is tribe, a community, and a support system. In this post we are talking about collaborating with your tribe. I really want more people to get away from just guest posting. Guest posting is GREAT, don't get me wrong. But I really like to see people be more creative.
Collaborations are beautiful things. They really will make your business. Collaboration paid or not can make that bottom line difference.
- Bring together two amazing people to create something seriously amazing. Just by collaborating your making a third brain, like legit mastermind.
- Collaborating can help establish you as the authority in your space.
- Collaboration can expand your reach, grow your email list, and double your impact.
- Make Bank, because two sales people are better than one.
10 Creative ways to collaborate
- Instagram Take Over - My personal favorite. Let someone trade instagram accounts with you. Give them your username & password for the day. -You can take over theirs too! Let them talk to your audience, provide content and link back. If you're super savvy & have a social media authority in your tribe ask them first. Duh.
- Interview - Interviewing someone is really cool because it gives you an excuse to pick their brain. Even if you interview this person & it's not the biggest traffic converter, you probably learn something new about them. Since you took the time to know them, it makes it easier to connect with them in the future.
- Twitter Chat - I love when celebrities do twitter chat. Pick a unique hashtag, a topic, a time & date and start chatting. If you can add a video element to the chat. You can really get creative.
- BLAB - Blab is like Periscope but way better. Check out my BLAB for Beginners, BLAB for Biz and How to Host your own BLAB Show. Same as before, start talking
- Webinars - Webinars by far, in my opinion take the longest to plan, but can have the largest payout. Webinars make great e-mail list builds and can have huge payouts. Think six figures in just a couple hours.
- Pinning Parties - I am talking about you & a couple other blogger make a group board & pin to it. Pinterest is a HUGE blog traffic resource. I have seen Pinterest boards manifest from Twitter Chats, Facebook Groups and Events.
- Link Ups - Links up aren't just for mommy bloggers, or food bloggers. I haven't seen a business blog link ups, but maybe we can make one together. A popular link up software is InLinkz >> They do offer a FREE version, if you just want to get try it.
- Instagram Loop Giveaway - Loop giveaways are super fun to both host & collaborate on. The idea is everyone chips in for a giveaway prize. Then everyone strategically posts about the giveaway linking to another persons IG account.
- Pass the Scope - Take turns passing the scope/ Periscope lime light. Pick a date, topic and time. Then one person starts the scope, then says, "Next up is ______" make sure you follow them & I'm going to go watch them next. Second person starts the their scope, while the first person shares it with their followers. Need an example? Search the hashtag #scopepasssunday -You'll know when you're in the right place
- Host a Contest - Host a contest but make them work for it. Have people retweet something with a unique hashtag, or a photo contest on Instagram or a Facebook - Like it, Share it, Win it.
How to find a collaborator...
I usually find my collaborators in my tribe. However, it you don’t have an established tribe, here are two great places on where to start.
I would start looking on Facebook Groups. Facebook groups are a great way to connect & collaborate. Just in case you need some more help, check out my post 10 Facebook Groups to Know + Love.
Then I would ask other bloggers in your niche. Now, if you're just starting I wouldn't ask the President Obama's of the blogging community. Maybe approach a mayor and work your way up the hierarchy as you continue to grow. Someone who has 10,000 Instagram followers wont be interested in a Instagram Loop Giveaway if you only have 10 people following you. You gotta be smart & strategic about it.