What is BLAB?
BLAB.im is like Periscope on steroids. It is a platform where up to four people can video chat together as an audience watches, give props, comments and the audience can instantly switch places with one of the four video chatters by calling in.
Blab is great social platform because...
- It can be used on any smart device. - as long as you have internet
- Up to 4 LIVE video streams at one
- Socially integrates with Facebook, Youtube and Twitter
- On the Record or Off the Record - BLAB records your BLAB for you.
- Recorded BLABs stay forever - Yes your recorded BLAB can stay there forever and ever
- Fun and new way to present information, collaborate and network!
Using BLAB for Business
Blab is another really awesome social media tool. I think that this tool can be translated into any business or niche. For me as a blogger, I use BLAB to collaborate, network and interview. If you didn't know I host a weekly BLAB show called #createyourmap - I refer people to my blog & offer the audience to participate in the conversation.
Make sure your Blabbing with a purpose OR an end goal in mind. I don't recommend using BLAB to directly make money. I know there are ways you can monetize from it but I think BLAB is a audience influence builder and a brand humanizing platform. Ya know - a way to get personal with your audience.
People aren't on BLAB to buy, they are on BLAB to connect -Autumn R.
On the same note, when you're calling in to video chat with the crowd, don't be super salesy. Its common practice to introduce yourself, and give a small elevator speech. (Elevator speech - Your who, what, when, where and why) Totally fine. Just make sure you are adding value to the conversation and you're connecting with the host and/or the other co-host.
I personally go on BLAB about 10-15 minutes a day to see what shows are coming up. I also check the BLAB channel guide for shows too. I look to see shows in my niche or my sister niche. I look for show that I can network at OR show where I can find information at. Notice - I am NOT looking for shows to buy something from.
Tips to make the most of your BLAB Time
- Make sure your listening and can add to the conversation.
- Most people stay in the comments, too afraid to get on camera. You will get more followers and promotion time when on camera interacting and adding value.
- Remember to follow your favorite host / co-host / guest - That way you can see them all the time on BLAB.
Ready to Host your own BLAB show? I have the perfect step-by-step guide for you here>>